- Open Outlook 2010. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard displays automatically, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set up an e-mail account.
If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook 2010 toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Service page of the wizard, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet E-mail Settings page.
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send e-mail from this account.
- In the E-mail Address box, enter your e-mail address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select POP3.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the POP server name. (mail.yourdomain.com)
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the SMTP server name. (mail.yourdomain.com)
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your e-mail address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
- At the lower-right side of the page, click More Settings, and then fill in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box as follows:
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
On the Advanced tab:
- Under Incoming server (POP3), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select NONE in the drop-down box.
- Under Outgoing server (SMTP), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select NONE, and then click OK.
- If you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook 2010 tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
- 16 Users Found This Useful