- Open Outlook 2010. If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard displays automatically, on the first page of the wizard, click Next. Then, on the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click Next again to set up an e-mail account.
If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook 2010 toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Service page of the wizard, select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Provide the following information on the Internet E-mail Settings page.
Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send e-mail from this account.
- In the E-mail Address box, enter your e-mail address.
Under Server Information:
- Under Account Type, select POP3.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter the POP server name. (mail.yourdomain.com)
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the SMTP server name. (mail.yourdomain.com)
Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name box, enter your e-mail address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.
- At the lower-right side of the page, click More Settings, and then fill in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box as follows:
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
On the Advanced tab:
- Under Incoming server (POP3), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select NONE in the drop-down box.
- Under Outgoing server (SMTP), next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select NONE, and then click OK.
- If you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- On the Add New Account page, click Next. After Outlook 2010 tests your account, click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box.
- On the Congratulations page, click Finish.
- On the Account Settings page, click Close.
- 13 Users Found This Useful
Step 1 Start Outlook 2002 from the Start Menu, from the main window you...
How To Setup Outlook 2007 Start Outlook. The Account Settings dialog box...
Setting Up Email for the Apple iPhone Newer Versions of iPhone In the directions below,...